MishyJo

I live on Goodreads but I promise to figure out Booklikes eventually.

Elements of Retrofit

Elements of Retrofit - N.R. Walker This is what I would call a "relationship" book: It told the story of Cooper and Thomas's meeting, falling in love, and developing relationship without a lot of plot. I love these kinds of books when they are well done. This book here, well, it was well done.

The MCs shared love for architecture made for interesting conversation and Thomas's mentor to lover role flowed naturally from this shared interest. Thomas's reluctance to pursue the relationship despite his attraction to Cooper and the way outside pressures affected the MCs added texture to the story but were not overplayed.

IMHO, splitting this story into 3 rather short, not inexpensive books, feels like a money grab. I will take that into account in my review of the final book perhaps.

1-24-13 ETA: I loved the series enough not to deduct stars for the fact that it was overpriced (altough it was definitely overpriced).

For now I will enjoy the happy afterglow I have from this little gem.

Maybe Matt's Miracle