MishyJo

I live on Goodreads but I promise to figure out Booklikes eventually.

Beauty And The Bookworm

Beauty And The Bookworm - Nick Pageant This was a short, angst free romance that had me laughing from beginning to end. I don’t always love books with first person narration where the narrator speaks to the reader directly but it worked here.

Nick Pageant apparently has a wicked sense of humor and the one liners really moved this story along. As the book progressed, the jokes decreased a bit but the story held up in the end even as the humor tapered.

Parts of the book were a bit OTT to me, like Mason’s lesbian biker grandmother, but humor is subjective and that part of the story line may work for other readers better than it did for me.

The story wasn’t all that original, jock falls for the geek, but there were elements that were unique here including Twyla’s clinginess after she discovered she was pregnant and her expectations that she tried to impose on Mason to help her raise her child as his duty as her best friend and which added a few poignant moments.

I give this story 3 and a fraction stars rounded up to 4 for making me laugh when I really needed it.

Maybe Matt's Miracle