MishyJo

I live on Goodreads but I promise to figure out Booklikes eventually.

Stories Beneath Our Skin

Stories Beneath Our Skin - Veronica Sloane This is a story about friendship. Learning what it means to be a friend. And then later, over time falling in love with that friend. It's a story about allowing yourself to accept people who are willing to become your family when the family you are born into fails you. It's about letting people in when those who came before only let you down. It's about being there for the people you care about even when then don't ask for help.

It is a quiet story. There was no insta-love, no insta-lust, no slow burn, no UST. Just a slowly developing friendship that eventually became more.

It was beautiful.

JENNI LEA I LOVE YOU! Thank you for this great recommendation.

4.5 stars.