MishyJo

I live on Goodreads but I promise to figure out Booklikes eventually.

The Hot Corner

The Hot Corner - Heidi Champa 4 Inside-the-Park Home Run Stars
I went into this book knowing nothing about the story or the author. Fortunately, I was pleasantly surprised. Very much so in fact.

Jeremy is one of those guys who goes from one bad relationship to the next. He is always making the wrong decisions, leaping before he looks. The one time he tries to do the right thing, however, that’s the wrong thing too. So instead of pursuing Theo, who is obviously perfect for Jeremy, he friend zones him.

The sexual tension in this story was yummy. My frustration with Jeremy was immeasurable. I wanted to reach into my Kindle, grab him by the shoulders and shake him. Hard. And often. The hurt that Jeremy suffered each time it seemed that Theo was moving on was palpable. Towards the end though, Jeremy’s continuing failure to just tell Theo how he felt got a little old. The almost telling him then backing away happened one, maybe two, times to many for my tastes.

It should be noted that this isn’t really a sports book. Jeremy and his friend go to work for a minor league baseball team. One of Jeremy’s countless mistakes is a “relationship” with a ballplayer. You get lots of interesting tidbits about stadium operations and the like, but it's not really a book about an athlete. Which was fine with me. The story worked, even if the cover was a bit misleading. And none of that will dissuade me from posting the picture above.

Also, there wasn’t a lot of on page sex. Fortunately, the romance scenes didn't feel like they were being cut off just as things were getting hot.

This book was provide by the publisher for the purpose of providing an honest review for Because Two Men Are Better Than One!

Maybe Matt's Miracle