MishyJo

I live on Goodreads but I promise to figure out Booklikes eventually.

Cut & Run

Cut & Run - Abigail Roux, Madeleine Urban Since almost everyone I know who would likely ready this book has already done so, I am not going to write a detailed review but just give some observations.

I didn't love this book. *shields shelf from incoming projectiles* I think the back and forth between Ty and Zane denying their feelings, exchanging insults to cover what they really felt, and trying to figure out what was going on in the other's head went on way too long and happened too many times. The banter was fun to read, but enough is enough. The book could have been 50-75 pages shorter and not much would have been missing.

The mystery wasn't that great. It was pretty clear who did it early on in the story and yet the investigation went on and on.

I have heard later books in this series are better. So I will continue forward, but not right away. Too many other books are calling my name.

Coincidentally, I read [b:Catch a Ghost|18278085|Catch a Ghost (Hell or High Water, #1)|S.E. Jakes|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1375491930s/18278085.jpg|21986908] just before I read this book. As noted by a lot of people who reviewed Catch a Ghost, the similarities between these two stories are striking. I know this book came first, but I liked Catch a Ghost better. The mystery was more compelling, the whodunnit was not so obvious, the sex was angrier, and the MCs were grittier. Perhaps as I work my way through this series I will come to love Ty and Zane more, but for now, that's where I stand.

Maybe Matt's Miracle