MishyJo

I live on Goodreads but I promise to figure out Booklikes eventually.

Sinner's Gin

Sinner's Gin - Rhys Ford I guess if I had read the blurb more closely I would have realized that this book was more of a murder mystery/crime solving story than one about a rocker. Yes, Miki is a rock star, but that is somewhat incidental to the storyline.

Miki grew up in foster care and lived through unimaginable horrors. When he meets Damien and joins Sinner’s Gin as their lead singer, he finally finds the family he never had. Until that family is lost in a tragic car accident and Miki is alone. Again.

Miki has begun recovering from his injuries and is now living in his own personal hell when the dead bodies start to appear. And with the dead bodies arrives Kane, cop extraordinaire. Kane is everything Miki (or anyone else for that matter) needs. He is strong, protective, insightful, patient and, let’s not forget, sexy as hell.

The story hear was well paced, riveting, and angsty. It all came together so well without being transparent or overdone. I loved it.

And just when everything seems to be moving in the right direction for Kane and Miki, the bomb drops and the set up for book 2, [b:Whiskey and Wry|17912488|Whiskey and Wry (Sinners, #2)|Rhys Ford|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1368434259s/17912488.jpg|25099944] is put in place. This twist, which was definitely a hook for Whiskey and Wry, was not really a cliffhanger, as the story in Sinner’s Gin comes to a complete resolution. But it does make it almost impossible not to read Whiskey and Wry. Which I will read. Immediately.

Maybe Matt's Miracle