MishyJo

I live on Goodreads but I promise to figure out Booklikes eventually.

Special Delivery

Special Delivery  - Heidi Cullinan This is one of those rare books that everyone else seemed to like more than me. Usually I am totally on the bandwagon. But it seems I fell off for this one.

Parts of this book worked for me. Other parts no so much.

The beginning was good. Sam and his struggles with his family were believable and I was cheering for him. His sexual proclivities worried me but I could accept them for what they were. I was even glad when he took off with Mitch.

Then there was the road trip. And I was bored. “Are we there yet” bored. “How much longer?” bored. “Can we stop for a snack” bored. All the way through Iowa, Nebraska, Colorado, and Arizona. Yes the sex was pretty hot. But Mitch and Sam’s ongoing inability to communicate their needs and worries, the secrets that danced around and prevented them from connecting, got old fast. The sex wasn’t enough to overcome their communication problems or my boredom.

Finally the arrive in Vegas and the book picked up again for me. Yes, Randy was an asshole. But he made things interesting. He forced Sam and Mitch to each figure out what they wanted.

Then it was time to leave Vegas. It took so much strength for Sam to do what he needed to do. I was so proud of him.

I loved the story’s resolution but it felt rushed. The ending could have been incredible but it wasn’t quite enough.

Maybe Matt's Miracle