MishyJo

I live on Goodreads but I promise to figure out Booklikes eventually.

Frog

Frog - Mary Calmes 4.5 stars

Weber always seems to know what to say, how to make people feel better, how to make them want to be the best that they can be. He is like a boyfriend whisperer, a child whisperer, a family whisperer. But not only does he know what to say, he says it like a cowboy. Every word out of his mouth was golden to me. Every action he took was perfect in its simplicity and honesty. His downfall: he has trouble accepting love and doubts his own self-worth. In that respect he is human, vulnerable. I love him. It didn't matter to me how unlikely it was that a drifter with no family could be a hot sexy cowboy version of Mary friggin' Poppins.

Cyrus and all of the support characters were well written as well and were necessary for the Weber love fest and his eventual acceptance of his purpose in Cyrus's life. But, in the end, it was the Weber show and, oh, what a show it was.

Maybe Matt's Miracle