MishyJo

I live on Goodreads but I promise to figure out Booklikes eventually.

Whiskey and Wry

Whiskey and Wry - Rhys Ford If you have not read Sinner’s Gin, then this review may be spoilerish.

photo 350515_zps63725455.jpg

So, after the little bomb dropped at the end of Sinner’s Gin, I couldn’t wait to read Whiskey & Wry. I was so not disappointed.

I will admit that I read through the first part quite impatiently waiting for Damien to find Miki. Once that finally happened, I settled in and enjoyed the ride.

As with Sinner’s Gin, the murder mystery part of the story was intriguing. Even though we knew whodunnit pretty early, the danger that was lurking kept me on the edge of my seat. The whole story of Damien’s disappearance, his childhood, and the manipulation by his family was well done and none of it felt like stories I read before.

The romance, however, was quite similar to that in Sinner’s Gin. Damien was “damaged” like Miki (the damage was different but it was damage nonetheless) and Sionn’s character was quite similar to Kane’s. But I loved Kane so I wasn’t too annoyed by this. Plus the little Irish expressions and endearments that flowed from Sionn’s mouth melted me. Every time.

I can’t wait for book 2.5. I can even imagine what else Rhys Ford has up her sleeve for these boys.

Maybe Matt's Miracle