MishyJo

I live on Goodreads but I promise to figure out Booklikes eventually.

Rough Canvas

Rough Canvas - Joey W. Hill

Wow. This was one of those books where early on I made assumptions about the characters that were probably incorrect. I am not sure if the author purposely made me assume that all of the problems in the relationship were Marcus’s fault to only later make me question everything I had come to believe or if I just fell for Thomas and couldn’t believe that his weaknesses were as equally to detrimental to the relationship. I am still replaying scenes in my mind wondering when I should have realized that there were two sides to this story and I was intentionally closing my eyes to Marcus’s point of view. I will probably reread the story eventually just to see if I feel totally different about the two MCs. Although I really enjoyed most of the story, and I love D/s relationships, the scene at the BDSM club was more hardcore than I like. I also think the story went on a bit to long and Marcus and Thomas went back and forth too many times in screwing things up. The only other book I have read in this collection was #2, Natural Law, which was totally different and I appreciate the fact that the two books didn’t follow the same formula or recycle similar MCs. So, I give this a solid 4 stars, maybe even 4.5.

Updated 12-31-13 to add: Don't miss the free sequel [b:First Christmas: Marcus and Thomas Christmas Vignette|20262469|First Christmas Marcus and Thomas Christmas Vignette (Nature of Desire, #7.3)|Joey W. Hill|/assets/nocover/60x80.png|28096017]

Maybe Matt's Miracle