MishyJo

I live on Goodreads but I promise to figure out Booklikes eventually.

Fear, Hope, and Bread Pudding

Fear, Hope, and Bread Pudding - Marie Sexton There is no hope unmingled with fear, and no fear unmingled with hope.

This novella gets 3.5 stars from me. It was the follow up story to [b:Strawberries for Dessert|8578533|Strawberries for Dessert (Coda Books, #4; Strawberries for Dessert, #1)|Marie Sexton|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1279069656s/8578533.jpg|17436699]. As Cole decides that he wants, no needs, to have children, the stress, hope, and pain of the adoption process becomes the primary focus of this story. The thing that grabbed me most about the story was how ordinary it actually was. All of the emotions that the Cole and Jon go through are the same as any other person or couple goes through waiting and hoping for a child in a process that is largely out of their control. The emotional journey was well done.

The resolution of Jon's relationship with his mother was an added bonus. The assumptions that both had made about the other's feelings were so wrong and had unnecessarily kept them apart for so long. The "interlude" which was an interesting way to give us some background information about Jon's mother Grace, but I would have like more time spent on Jon and Cole together and less about George and Grace.

Maybe Matt's Miracle