MishyJo

I live on Goodreads but I promise to figure out Booklikes eventually.

SLACK: A Day in the Life of Ford Aston

SLACK: A Day in the Life of Ford Aston - J.A. Huss I'm the son of a psychiatrist, socially unacceptable genius, con-man-hacker, film producer.

This novella is told from Ford's perspective and takes place during the events in the Rook and Ronin series (Tragic/Panic/Manic). Despite his many shortcomings, I really like Ford. I honestly wanted him end up with Rook. Forget about Ronin. Since that won't be happening, I hope he finds the person who helps him to become a feeling, emotionally functional person in the upcoming book in which he will be the MC, [b:TAUT: The Ford Book|18807831|TAUT The Ford Book (A Rook and Ronin Spinoff)|J.A. Huss|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1384751024s/18807831.jpg|26739949]. I would love the see 12 year old Sasha who we meet in this book become part of his re-humanization.

I chuckle my diabolical chuckle. The one that says Don't fuck with me or your life might take unexpected and unwelcome wrong turns.

Yeah, he has a long, long way to go.

I'm not capable of much empathy, but I can fake it. And they never know the difference, so what the fuck. It doesn't cost me anything to pretend to understand and be nice.

That's progress, right?