MishyJo

I live on Goodreads but I promise to figure out Booklikes eventually.

Fortune Hunter

Fortune Hunter - Ava March Julian's family left England when he was a teen due to his father's fall from grace in the Ton. Now, as a young adult, Julian has returned to England hoping to rejoin society. Although he, in his words, "prefers men," he hopes to marry well for the sake of financial security. He is so certain that this plan is his only hope, he fails to see that he is not only being lazy, but that he would be unfairly committing a woman to what would be, unbeknownst to her, a loveless marriage. At the same time, Julian meets Oscar who quickly becomes his friend and lover. But, Julian is so single-minded in his plan to marry, he doesn't realize the pain he is causing Oscar until the damage has been done.

Although I liked the MCs and the story line had a good flow, I found myself skimming a lot in this book. Maybe it was late and I was just tired. I don't know. I couldn't get into it the way I did book 1, of the series, [b:Thief|13376139|Thief (Brook Street, #1)|Ava March|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1325817013s/13376139.jpg|18605866].

Even if I had not bought these as a 3 book collection, [b:The Brook Street Collection|17409996|The Brook Street Collection|Ava March|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1361633695s/17409996.jpg|24252703], I would still read [b:Rogues|13548856|Rogues (Brook Street, #3)|Ava March|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1332217425s/13548856.jpg|19114440], as I am a pretty dedicated fan of this author.

Maybe Matt's Miracle