MishyJo

I live on Goodreads but I promise to figure out Booklikes eventually.

Mark Cooper versus America

Mark Cooper versus America - Lisa Henry, J.A. Rock 4.75 This book was just what I needed stars

This book was snark and dry humor and so much more. Mark’s decision to rush and pledge a fraternity, strictly in order to appease his step-father’s attempts to help him fit in, was the perfect back drop for an angry 18-year old Australian transplant lashing out against his new life.

At the same time the story was sweetly kinky and fresh. Mark, though seemingly lost at times, was always true to himself and what he believed in. He never apologized for himself or his sexuality. He was uninhibited and unafraid to explore his desires. He matured quietly as the story progressed. It was almost unnoticeable as it happened. Mark had some really profound moments expressed in a way that were, thankfully and true to him, not perfectly articulate. They felt so real and honest.

Deacon was not perfect, but was the perfect counterpoint to Mark.

Although this is a complete story and I am often frustrated when authors try to squeeze a sequel out of a story that is clearly finished, I would love to see more of Mark and Deacon. In the meantime, there is a re-read of this book in my immediate future. I have never re-read a book. But this one I will read again. Soon. Very soon.

Zodiac Challenge: Book 1 for Aquarius