MishyJo

I live on Goodreads but I promise to figure out Booklikes eventually.

If It Drives

If It Drives - L.A. Witt, Aleksandr Voinov Although hardcore BDSM stories are not my thing, I love, love, love books with a good D/s relationship. That's what this book is: lotsa D/s, very light BDSM.

I am very picky, however, about how the D/s relationship develops. The chemistry between the Dom and the sub has to work just right, especially in the early stages. If the sub’s submission feels contrived and unnatural, it ruins the entire effect.

Here the D/s relationship worked almost too well. Callum went from “maybe I want to be a Dom because I want to be what James needs” to having all the right words at all the right moments to control James and his responses. It seemed to me Callum should have needed a bit more practice with the mind-fuck portion of his role as Dom.

Setting that aside I really liked this book. The fact that Callum was James’s employee and answered to James in real life added an interesting dynamic to the story line.

Did I like Callum and James as much as Tristan and Jared? Hell no. Did I like them as much as Nick and Spencer? Not nearly. But still this was a solid addition to the Market Garden series and I was not at all disappointed.

Maybe Matt's Miracle