MishyJo

I live on Goodreads but I promise to figure out Booklikes eventually.

Lone Star

Lone Star - Josh Lanyon This story had a TON of potential. The MCs were believable, likable and not carbon copies of characters I have read in other m/m books. Their back story was strong and well developed. The tension building between them was palpable. And here comes the big BUT...

But, the story took way too long to develop. And then, suddenly Mitch and Web are sleeping together. And, even though it took so long in the book for them to get there, it also happened way too fast. Then, of course, there is almost immediately misunderstanding due to a jumping of conclusions and a failure to communication. Ugh.

The disagreement, fortunately or not, is very quickly resolved, the logistical problems Mitch and Web face as a couple are very quickly resolved and then they live HEA.

So, I guess what I am saying is that I would have liked a lot less build up and a lot more story. These two guys would have made a really interesting couple and I would have like to have seen them actually together, building their lives and their relationship.

My other complaint is that the story was sticky gooey sweet. I like sweet. A lot. But this was a bit too much, even for me.

Maybe Matt's Miracle