MishyJo

I live on Goodreads but I promise to figure out Booklikes eventually.

Catch a Ghost

Catch a Ghost - S.E. Jakes 4.5 it's not that kind of ghost stars

Despite everyone raving about this book, I put off reading it because of the whole "ghost" thing. But then my friend Cory explained to me this isn't really a ghost story at all. It is about being haunted by memories and regrets. The ghost appears from time to time, but, to me at least, he is more like a part of Prophet's conscience than a chain rattling apparition.

Once I started, I could not put this book down. Prophet and Tom were both such great characters. Both strong, both damaged, both angry as hell. Neither one particularly happy to be partnered with the other.

I love mercs for hire stories but this is the first I have read in the MM genre. It was so well done. There was a lot more story line here than in a lot of MM books I have read, but the story development versus the relationship development was really well balanced. I didn't find myself skimming through the story to get to the relationship parts as I often do nor did I find that there was so much sex that I was thinking "enough already." Not to say there wasn't a lot of hot angry sex. There was. And it was gooood.

I am just glad I don't have to wait to read book 2, [b:Long Time Gone|17936957|Long Time Gone (Hell or High Water, #2)|S.E. Jakes|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1378452000s/17936957.jpg|25147493]. Although the story line more or less resolved itself by the end of the book, the emotional and relationship issues remained somewhat up in the air.

Maybe Matt's Miracle