MishyJo

I live on Goodreads but I promise to figure out Booklikes eventually.

Love the Sinner

Love the Sinner - Avril Ashton Story: 3.3 stars
Audio book: 4 stars

The audio narration was excellent and so were the voices EXCEPT Gabe's. Angelo's voice was hotter than hell and that accent, Dios. The supporting voices including the women were well done too. But Gabe's voice. Ugh. It was too gentle especially in the sex scenes when he was supposed to be dominating. He sounded almost feminine and sometimes whiny.

So, I am not sure if the trouble I had with Gabe was a result of the audio or if I would have found him slightly unbelievable if I had been reading too. Also the insta-love was a bit of a surprise considering the MCs were both "tough guys" but I was okay with it. But the insta-lust? That was harder to believe. Gabe was straight after all. For someone with no experience in gay relationships he seemed to know exactly what he wanted and what he was doing. I found that super difficult to believe.

There was nothing very unique about this cop falls for outlaw story but it had some unexpected twists and I found the resolution not overly canned or predictable. And overall it kept me entertained despite it's short comings.

Maybe Matt's Miracle