MishyJo

I live on Goodreads but I promise to figure out Booklikes eventually.

Long Time Gone

Long Time Gone - S.E. Jakes 4 “reunited and it feels so good” stars

This book starts off more or less where [b:Catch a Ghost|18278085|Catch a Ghost (Hell or High Water, #1)|S.E. Jakes|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1375491930s/18278085.jpg|21986908] ended. The transition was smooth and the MCs were consistent with what I expected. There is nothing worse to me than when an MC undergoes a major character change between books with no explanation.

As with Catch a Ghost, there was no predicting where this story was going as it went or ability to figure out who the “bad guy” was until it was too late. Jakes did not leave lots of hints along the way so it was a matter of going along for the ride rather than trying to play detective. And oh, what a ride it was. The story line moved along well and was interesting all the way through. As in Catch a Ghost, the events of the story added to the relationship development rather than simply paralleling it or detracting from it.

Prophet and Tom continue to slowly let their walls down for the other, sharing bits of their past, allowing each to comfort the other. And the sex? Still super hot. Proph and Tom are both sizzling sexy. Each is able to go from dominant to submissive, so readily willing to be what the other needs at any given moment. They communicate their feelings through sex, and they do it well. They still have a long way to go, but by the end of the book the relationship seems far more solid than it did at the beginning.

The setting was also great and played into the story so well. After reading so many stories set place in Denver, Dallas, NYC and Seattle, spending some time in the bayou and getting a glimpse of that life was an added bonus here. Alligators, swamps, haunted graveyards, and an epic hurricane all added elements to the story that you couldn't get beyond New Orleans.

I was told by Nila that a book 3 will come out in May, 2014 with a book 4 and a novella also planned. Although I am thrilled to get more of Proph and Tom, why do I have to wait until May? Why?

Maybe Matt's Miracle