MishyJo

I live on Goodreads but I promise to figure out Booklikes eventually.

Compulsion

Compulsion - Clare London I had mixed feelings about this one. Some parts worked for me and some didn't.

The MCs: I liked Max more that a lot of people seemed to. I didn't find him overly whiny or wishy washy. He had been through a lot and his inability to figure out what he wanted didn't bother me that much. The way, despite everything else, he just gave into his desire for Seve and was completely uninhibited worked for me. Seve's character needed some development. Maybe that was done on purpose to keep him a bit of a mystery, an unknown. What we did see I liked and found alluring.

The relationship: This is where the story was weakest for me. The first 40% of the book the relationship consisted only of really hot sex. Then there were hints that each of the MCs maybe wanted more but neither was willing to say it or do anything about it. There was no affection, just burning desire. By the time either of them was willing to discuss their relationship and admit that the each wanted more, the danger in the story line had gotten to the point where they couldn't be developed. As a result, we never got to really see Max and Seve together as a couple. I didn't like the resolution of the relationship either. There wasn't enough there to even call it a HFN ending. I felt like I was left hanging without enough information to even form my own opinion about what was likely to happen after the close of the book.

The story: The story line was good enough. It was not so intricate or heavy that it distracted from the relationship between Max and Seve and it served to help us understand Max as a character.

This was a buddy read with a great bunch of ladies I have never read with before but hope to join again sometime. Thanks y'all. Here is the thread for the BR so you can see who else participated and what they thought of the book! https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1660738-buddy-read-of-compulsion-feb-8-2014-please-join-us

Maybe Matt's Miracle