MishyJo

I live on Goodreads but I promise to figure out Booklikes eventually.

Trouble & the Wallflower

Trouble & the Wallflower - Kade Boehme 4.5 This Book May End Up on My Favorites Shelf Stars

Davy's mom had social anxiety issues and more or less kept Davy in the house his entire childhood in an effort to "protect" him. Now as a young adult, Davy lacks all sorts of interpersonal skills. He can't tell when people are teasing him, he doesn't demand that people treat him well, he can't read social cues.

Gavin's mom was even worse and after catching her fucking his boyfriend he left home to live with his grandfather. Gavin comes off as a player but really he is covering his own pain.

Gavin has been flirting the Davy for months. Gavin can't figure out why Davy is unresponsive and Davy can't figure out how to get rid of this attractive man who makes him so uncomfortable.

Then the two men strike a deal. They will just hang out, be friends, and get to know each other. Even as friends, however, Gavin's sometimes douchey ways and Davy's sensitivities put their "relationship" to the test over and over again.

Still, the two men get to know each other better and they let their walls down. So much so that when Gavin's world seems to come crashing down, Davy is there in ways even he didn't know he could be.

This is my first Kade Boehme book but it certainly won't be my last.

Maybe Matt's Miracle