MishyJo

I live on Goodreads but I promise to figure out Booklikes eventually.

Blind Faith (Blind Faith #1)

Blind Faith (Blind Faith #1) - N.R. Walker Who better to turn to than NR Walker when you are in a book slump? No one I tell you. No. One.

4.5 stars.

When I first started reading M/M, and before NR Walker became synonymous with “awesome” in my world, this book came up time and time again in Amazon’s recommendations for me. But for whatever reason the idea of reading a book about a blind MC didn't appeal. I was so fucking stupid.

Isaac’s blindness added an extra dimension to the story line that I loved. He dealt with issues of insecurity and lacked certain interpersonal skills that made him a complex, frustrating, and believable MC. And the whole virgin thing worked for me too.

For whatever reason I didn't feel like we got to know Carter as well as I would have liked, especially considering that he was the first person narrator. But I liked how he interacted with Isaac. I felt that he drew the line at what he was willing to tolerate at exactly the right place. Sometimes when Carter lost patience he handled it almost too perfectly but that was okay with me.

The one thing that didn't feel quite natural to me was the fact that all of their big arguments had to do with the dog. I know differences in opinion as to how to treat a dog can lead to disagreements (I have had more than my share of those), but it was odd that the dog thing was the only major point of contention in the whole relationship.

At the same time, the dog debacle led us to one of the best book endings I have read in a long time. I love how the end of the story played out and that the story’s resolution didn't rely on any of the standard plot tricks.

I am excited to read Book 2. Whenever you are ready Garrett.

Maybe Matt's Miracle