MishyJo

I live on Goodreads but I promise to figure out Booklikes eventually.

His Grandfather's Watch

His Grandfather's Watch - N.R. Walker This was incredibly good freebie from an author quickly who is becoming one of my favorites. 4.5 stars.

Alex works in his family's antique shop restoring and researching clocks and watches. When Callum brings in a old watch holding family secrets, the two men share an emotional journey to discover the story of Callum's grandfather and the pain he endured for love.

As happens occasionally in Walker books that take place in the States, a phrase will go by that I have to read once or twice before I decide that I haven't misread the text but that the expression isn't American English. I forgive these slips because the story that was told was so breathtaking and because the blurb warned that the story was fanfiction and not professionally edited. I also didn't think that the use of condoms by gay men in the '40s was common practice, so that struck me as a bit odd too. But, again, not enough to detract from the story.

Here is the link for the free download. https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxnuGWR5tGWBbGR3UUw2blg3QlU/edit?pli=1

Maybe Matt's Miracle