MishyJo

I live on Goodreads but I promise to figure out Booklikes eventually.

The Red Sheet

The Red Sheet - Mia Kerick What I liked:

- The story being told from the bully's perspective. This was new and interesting for me.

- The first person narrative with the narrator addressing the reader. This usually works well for me. It was, however, a little bit much here and the story was way over narrated at times.

- It's YA. Although I hate MF YA, MM YA I really enjoy and this hit all of my MM YA buttons.

- I liked both MCs. Especially Scotty. I would have liked to have gotten to know him better, in fact. The supporting cast was well written as well.

What didn't work for me:

- The whole personality change thing. I didn't get it. It wasn't well explained. It wasn't believable. I think the story could have still worked if Bryan's change in attitude was handled differently.

- The doing good deeds part could've worked really well but it went a little over the top with the little old lady, the homeless guy, etc. It was too much.

- The memory loss. Also hard to buy. It was explained decently at the end but through most of the book I couldn't help but feel it was totally artificial.

- The really weird fascination with the red sheet. It was almost like an excuse to tie into the Five for Fighting Superman Song and was a distraction from the story.

This is the like second or third (fourth?) book in a row book that Catherine and have read together and have been out of sync in our opinions which is HIGHLY unusual. What's up with that?

Maybe Matt's Miracle