MishyJo

I live on Goodreads but I promise to figure out Booklikes eventually.

High and Tight

High and Tight - Vanessa North I have a special place in my heart for books where everyone knows the two MCs belong together but they can’t get their timing right or their shit straight to make it work. That kind of pain gets me right in the gut. Every time.

Harris and Adam both pissed me off several times over the course of the story. Adam had fucked things up for so long and now is fucking up trying to fix it all. Harris has put up with a lot of shit from Adam but I felt like his actions hurt Adam in a way more intentional manner. At times he was a complete douche. And dragging Jason to Christmas dinner. That was flat out wrong.

The more frustrated I got, the more I loved the book. And man was I frustrated.

I also really liked the fact that if you looked at the professions of the two men and each one's demeanor in general, you would have expected their roles in the bedroom to be different than they were. The change up from the "norm" or at least from stereotypes was fresh and appreciated.

Although the story's end seemed a wee bit rushed, the resolution worked out so well (without being annoyingly tidy) and when truths were revealed, it was credible. It is amazing what COMMUNICATING with the person you love can accomplish. Isn't it?

My primary complaint is a kind of personal one which was the use of flashbacks to tell Adam and Harris's back story. For whatever reason, flashbacks annoy me. But that's me and not a problem with the writing.

I can't wait for the next treasure from the fabulous Vanessa North.

Thankfully I don't have to wait too long for my next BR with Cory.

Maybe Matt's Miracle