MishyJo

I live on Goodreads but I promise to figure out Booklikes eventually.

Billy's Turn

Billy's Turn - Nick Pageant 4 Stars

Reading this book was like watching a train wreck* in slow motion. I knew there was gonna be a crash. I knew it was gonna be ugly. I had to watch in fascination.

Thank goodness everyone survived with minimal injuries.

The story played out well. The big secret was believable. The reaction was believable. The resolution was nice and neat yet credible nonetheless.

My only complaint is that the "I love you" exchange came too soon in my opinion. I think had it come even just a few scenes later, it would have seemed more natural.

*The train wreck being the relationship between the MCs not the story line or the writing (as should be obvious from my 4 star rating).

On to the next book in this series (then I have to back track and read book 1, apparently I am reading them out of order).

Maybe Matt's Miracle