MishyJo

I live on Goodreads but I promise to figure out Booklikes eventually.

Running Wild

Running Wild - S.E. Jakes 4 stars
~3.5 stars for the story
~A bonus half star because thank fuck I got to read a decent biker book that wasn't full of girlie parts.

I will be the first to admit this story had a few weak spots. Ryker was almost too perfect and was too nice to be a completely credible badass, Sean got to be a bit annoying at times, and there were a few WTF moments where the story got side tracked and a bit hokey for no apparent reason. And I admit that I ultimately lost track of who was telling the truth and who was full of shit with respect to the MC's involvement or lack of involvement in the car theft circles. But my biker fetish overrode all of those concerns and I was too blissed to let those details interfere with my enjoyment of the story.

And there was, in fact, lotsa good stuff. I loved the way the story started with Ryker sneaking in the window. And the fact that Ryker had always been into Sean but understood that Sean needed to be coaxed into a relationship slowly and tamed a bit also really worked for me. He was playing Sean, but in a good way. Although Sean was pretty messed up in the head at times, he was consistent in his fuckupedness and his interesting sense of loyalty. So that worked for me too.

So it wasn't perfect. I loved it. I want more. I want more NOW.

***
A biker book by SE Jakes? No fucking way.
And now it's here!