MishyJo

I live on Goodreads but I promise to figure out Booklikes eventually.

The Next

The Next - Rafe Haze I didn't dislike this book, but I couldn't finish and I won't rate it but I do have a few comments.

Sorry to Nick for flaking on our first BR together. But some of my best GR friendships started with failed BRs. So, here's to us Nick.

First, the writing was quite good. Almost poetic at times.

The book was about a guy who never leaves his house because of agoraphobia or some similar disorder. So there is very little activity, very little human interaction. You spend a lot of time in this guy's head thinking about the past (especially his childhood), contemplating the present, occasionally considering the future.

I got bored. No matter how well written a book like this is, I need more SOMETHING. I am not one who likes a lot of plot in her books, but I needed at least an an occasional change of scenery, a developing romance (dare I say sex?), some real activity besides what he watches through his window when he is feeling brave enough to open his curtains.

So, it wasn't for me. Doesn't mean it wasn't good. And I would love to know how it ends if someone wants to let me know.

Maybe Matt's Miracle