MishyJo

I live on Goodreads but I promise to figure out Booklikes eventually.

Maybe This Time

Maybe This Time - A.M. Arthur 4 Certainly Steamy Stars

Donner has lived a life of tragedy. He has endured the death of his ​ ​step-mother at the hands of his abusive father. He witnessed the​ death of his boyfriend, Jacob, while doing charity work. He is now ​ living in his step-sister's basement, relying on the small bit of
family he has left to get by. Although he is happy going from one ​ night stand to one night stand, he is also open to the possibility of​ finding love again. For Donner, there is nothing in between, however. ​ He won't do casual. At least not when it comes to Ezra.

Ezra is wandering through life with no real goals. He finished 4 ​ years of college but never even chose a major. Rather than finding​ meaningful work, he is satisfied being supported by his parents' guilt ​ money for having sent him to therapy for being gay. His last​ ​boyfriend, Bryan, left him when he finally admitted to the baggage he ​ carried. Now he believes he must keep that baggage hidden from​ everyone. He wants to be what Donner needs but doesn't know if he has ​ it in himself to let his guard down again.

I loved Donner. He was warm. He was caring. His sense of loyalty ​ showed on so many occasions. He was working to overcome his demons​ and live a life that Jacob would have been proud of.

Ezra I didn't get until the end. Yes, Bryan dumped him. Yes, he made​ a point of leaving his family to be with Bryan and is now embarrassed ​ it didn't work out. But that was quite a while ago. Through much of​ the book kept I thinking "get over it already." It isn't until we
find out why Bryan dumped him and we meet Ezra's poor excuse for a ​ family that I really began to have sympathy for him. I know that the​ author held back this information for effect, but I think I would have ​ enjoyed the story more had it been disclosed earlier.

There were so many things to love about this story. First and foremost, the sex was HOT and didn't take too long to happen. Always a bonus. Both MCs had ​ great back stories that made me want to reach into my Kindle and hug​ them. The relationship came together really well. The secondary ​ characters did a great job of supporting the story. The writing was​ quite good.

My first read from this author. Certainly not the last.

This was an ARC provided in exchange for a fair and honest review from Because Two Men Are Better Than One!

Maybe Matt's Miracle