MishyJo

I live on Goodreads but I promise to figure out Booklikes eventually.

Think Of England

Think Of England - K.J. Charles 5 I can't believe I loved a book with so much plot stars.

BR with the recently forgiven Nick.

To me, Daniel totally stole the show.

I loved the way he used everyone's preconceived notions of who he was to fly under the radar and manipulate expectations in carrying out his objectives. There were glimpses of the pain that these prejudices cause him as well, and if there are later installations in this story I wonder if those will be explored in greater detail. For now it was just nice to be reminded not to let the bastards get the best of you.

Although Curtis (Archie) was the primary MC, to me he was nothing special. But his moments of self-realization and his help in developing Daniel's character added nicely to the story.

The mystery itself was good. It moved the story along without so many details that I felt weighed down. But then, again, mysteries are not my thing. That being said, I enjoyed this one quite a lot. It brought us to several poignant moments between Curtis and Daniel.

Although I hate when authors write a sequel just because they can, I think a sequel to this story would work really well. This relationship is still in its infancy. It would be interesting to see how Curtis comes to terms with his new found sexuality and to learn more about the enigma that is Daniel.

Maybe Matt's Miracle